Juvenile Leagues 2018
April and May 2018
Here are the details of the Juvenile Track & Field Leagues 2018. These are for all from U10-U16 and particularly those who are newer to the competitive side of athletics and want to try out new events. It's also great preparation for the Dublin Championships.
There will be four league competitions on the following dates (click to see PDF timetable):
- League 1 Sat 14th Apr (Santry)
- League 2 Sat 21st Apr (Santry)
- League 3 Sat 5th May (Tallaght)
- League 4 Sat 19th May (Tallaght)
We've also produced a handy Excel spreadsheet showing all events for all leagues which can be filtered by Age, Event, Date etc using the dropdown at the top of each column.
• Only athletes aged U10 – U16 are eligible to compete
• An athlete may not step up an age in any event (except U9 born 2010 can step up to U10)
• All competing clubs must nominate in advance 2 officials to assist on the day of competition
• Athletes may compete in all events listed in their respective age group
• Points will be awarded to the top six in each event as follows:
- 1st 7 points
- 2nd 5 points
- 3rd 4 points
- 4th 3 points
- 5th 2 points
- 6th 1 point
• The top six athletes in each age group with the highest points total accumulated from the 4 league competitions will be awarded trophies.
• All Track events will be decided on times – There will be no heats/quarter or semi-finals
• Field events – 3 throws, jumps per athlete
• All competing athletes should be currently registered with the AAI for 2018. Checks may be conducted and any athlete not currently registered will be disqualified. Clubs must adhere to this condition, as non registered athletes are not insured.
• In the event of contests clashing, officials will show flexibility, i.e. if a competitor is involved in long jump contest and a track event/other field event is called, he/she will be facilitated to participate in both, but must inform the official(s).
• Parents and supporters are not permitted on the track or infield areas.
• Please cooperate with, abide by and respect the decisions of the voluntary officials and organisers of the competitions.
• All should help keep the facilities we use clear of rubbish. Please use rubbish bins where they are provided or bring your rubbish with you when leaving!
The programmes and event orders are subject to change to facilitate the smooth running of the competition.